wrong plugin installed

wrong plugin installed

by Josefina Osán -
Number of replies: 10

Hello, I mistakenly installed a plugin that was for a previous version of moodle. And now I'm stuck in dependency loop autentication.

The plug in is https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_iassign 

only for Moodle 2.4, 2.5, 2.6

I have Moodle 3.8

Now I want to delete the pluging, but I can't find it and there isn't a delete botton / option to do it.

I need someone to help me because I don't know  what to do!!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josefina Osán

Re: wrong plugin installed

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

As precaution dictates, get a dump of DB - backup - even though it's got issues ... you have something.  And  backup of code.   If something else goes wrong at least you can restore site to it's broken state.

Manually remove iassign files - in mod and looks like there could be something for a button in tinymce (look at those paths it's showing you - 2nd screen shot?) ... make sure it's "i"assign cause there is a core mod called 'assign'.

Next access it will say 'missing from disk' ... go ahead and update the DB.   Hopefully gone.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Josefina Osán -
Thank you so much for your reply, unfortunately I can't find any file with the iassign name. The first thing I did was to try deleting it, but I couldn't find it.

What else can I do?
Thnxs!

by Ken Task -

Should have removed

/lib/editor/tinymce/plugins/**iassign** folder.

not entire /lib/ - and replacing the entire lib directory from a previous version might cause additional problems.   Now if from a code backup of the version you are using now, then that might have been ok.

Do you have a code backup of current version of Moodle?  if so, can extract that backup (check the version.php file in extracted files and double check that what is in that version.php matches current code/version.php and do the /lib/ thang.

The main iassign code directory should have been in moodlecode/mod/
and called mod_iassign

You might have to use phpmyadmin or mysql client to remove any references there might be in mdl_config_plugins table.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Josefina Osán -
I already tried to find mod_iassign.
It's like the files aren't there but it's registered somewhere that I can't find.

In phpmyAdmin I've search for some reference in mdl_config_plugins table but there isn't or couldn't find it neither.

from tinymce these are the ones I found, nothing else....
Where else can I search for refedences???

Thankyou!
In reply to Ken Task

by Josefina Osán -
I found something in mdlry_files

But I'm not sure if I can deleted and that's all or I have to do something else (before or after)

THANKS A LOT!!!!

by Ken Task -

mdlry_files table is a table of all files that have been uploaded to moodle as content in courses.

All rows that you show in the screen shot reference the same .zip file that appears to be the errant tinymce iassign add on.

There should be a column for 'contenthash' for those rows.   That's the real location of that file in the sea of files in moodledata/filedir/

A 'contenthash' is a bunch of lower case letters and numbers.

Looks like: 76c74ae098e1b7e841d49011fcb8a58b258250a4

Find the contenthash for that zip file.

Then use a file browsing tool to find your contenthash in moodledata/filedir/ ... if found ... delete it ... also remove the rows in the your mdlry_files table.

Also, in moodledata/cache ... there are a bunch of folders and files.  Delete them all.   That's *moodledata* directory - *NOT* the cache directory in moodle code.

Hopefully, that will resolve the issue.

Those rows should not be there so the attempt to install the plugin didn't follow directions for how to install a plugin.

https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Installing_plugins

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Josefina Osán -
Thank you Ken for your detailed reply,
unfortunately, after deleting every thing that you indicate I'm still stuck in the same place.
I've already search for different ways of identify the remaining records or references of the plugin but I didn't find anything else.

Still the same page....

by Ken Task -

You've cleared browser cache and cookies?

You've cleared server cache by going directly to url:
https://yoursite/admin/purgecaches.php

Are you sure you have looked in the lib/editor/tinymce/plugins/ for a folder/directory called tinymce_iassign.   If it's not there, refreshing that screen should show missing from disk.   Go ahead and click whatever button at the bottom of that screen to update the database tables.

What happens if you click install?

Is there any button to update the database lower on that screen?

Am pretty sure I asked this once ... but will again ... do you have a backup of code directory and DB that dates prior to the errant attempt to install this plugin?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Josefina Osán -
I also restored the lib folder with a previews version... and still the same