H5p Columns - Vertical Video Display Issue

H5p Columns - Vertical Video Display Issue

by Sandra Petryk -
Number of replies: 1

Hi - I'm new to Moodle and to this Forum.  Sorry if someone has already asked this - I've search a ton before I posted, but couldn't find any similar posts.

We had just created our first content using H5P Columns which included portrait/vertical screen videos.  They displayed perfectly in a video player.... but since we have upgraded to Moodle 3.9 the player is gone and now the video displays right in the content.  Since they are vertical formats - they take up an entire screen  and are very unattractive in the display.

I've attempted to resolve this with the help of two different  Moodle contractors - but still no solutions.  Redoing the videos in landscape/horizontal  is not as option as our students learn on their phones, and these are instructional videos based on how they would interact with the content.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?   Are there any suggestions on how to improve the look of these videos in the H5P Columns? 

Thanks 

Sandra  

(Edited by Mary Cooch -to clarify title-  original submission Sunday, 20 September 2020, 1:33 AM)

Attachment After 3.9 display.PNG
Attachment Before 3.9 open.PNG
Attachment Display before 3.9.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandra Petryk

Re: H5p Columns - Vertical Video Display Issue

by Sandra Petryk -
Good news - I found my own solution - we just reformatted the videos using VideoPad Video Editor to horizontal and they are displaying fine now. Hope this helps if anyone else is struggling with this issue.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)