About sending data to Unity content

About sending data to Unity content

by Sijan Bhattarai -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there,

We are still absolute beginner in moodle. I will try to phrase our query as clearly as possible.

So, the basic requirement for our project is that, we be able to host unity games in moodle courses and track the student performances in each of the unity games. For now we have decided to go with xAPI standard. We have already setup a free LRS from scrom cloud.

My query is :  How can I (moodle side developer) send the information on who is the current user that launched the unity game. So that my game developer friend can later send the statements like :  A USER clicked in the BUTTON. Or, a USER ended a game with the score of 82. And things like that. 

I am finding it very hard to grasp the general idea of how this works. Any help would be highly appreciated. Just pointing in the right direction would help a lot.  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sijan Bhattarai

Re: About sending data to Unity content

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you are a developer you probably want to start by investigating the web services that Moodle supports, particularly around updating the grade book and completion data.