Formatting changes committed to HEAD

Formatting changes committed to HEAD

by Nick Freear -
Number of replies: 2
I'm just updating lib/weblib.php from HEAD and a lot of formatting changes (example, blank lines which were indented and now aren't, extra blank lines) seem to have crept in. Please do a 'diff' before committing files to CVS, and do not make formatting changes without a very good reason. Check your editor settings!

Its disconcerting for other people who are also modifying the file (I'm doing changes for Accessibility), to see lots of apparent changes.

Thanks, Nick
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nick Freear

Re: Formatting changes committed to HEAD

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I am going to make a lot of small changes soon during parameter cleanup - the merging will be even more complicated sad

I guess we should clean all the trailing whitespace and tabs just before the branching for 1.6 - because it will make marging easier after 1.6 release...
In reply to Petr Skoda

Re: Formatting changes committed to HEAD

by Martín Langhoff -
Making sure our commits are "clean" is the best approach. Nick -- when something like that happens, I often "backup" my patch doing `cvs diff -u --ignore-whitespace file.php > temp.patch` and then do `cvs update -C file.php ` which will _overwrite_ you changes, and then reapply manually with `patch -p0 --ignore-whitespace < temp.patch`.

The bad thing is that you probably found this out _after_ cvs update went all berzerk... but you can still get your patch from the .orig and .local files cvs has left hiding in the directory.