"Install this update" button not visible in plugin overview in Moodle 3.9

"Install this update" button not visible in plugin overview in Moodle 3.9

by Dennis Felix -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, I'm following these instructions from https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Installing_plugins#Plugin_updating_from_within_Moodle

Plugin updating from within Moodle

An administrator can enable updates deployment in Administration > Site Administration > Server > Update notifications. Then when updates are available, 'Install this update' buttons are shown on the Plugins overview page.

But I don't have an "Install this update" button. My config.php does not have an entry for disableupdateautodeploy.

When I try to install the newer version Moodle complains it already has a plugin with this name installed.

updates

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dennis Felix

Re: "Install this update" button not visible in plugin overview in Moodle 3.9

by Šimon Zajíček -
I am not sure what is the problem? Do you want tu update those modules, or when you log as admin this screen is all you have and it just loop over and over?
Did you try to download manually those mods via Download and upload them manually?
In reply to Šimon Zajíček

by Dennis Felix -
I want to update these plugins, but I can't. I don't have an "Install this update" button, as you can see in the screenshot.

Downloading them and uploading them manually says it already has a plugin with this name installed.
In reply to Dennis Felix

by Dennis Felix -
Can anyone tell me where to click to update these plugins? It's getting URGENT.

In reply to Dennis Felix

by Dennis Felix -
I installed the latest version of Moodle 3.9, then I managed to do manual updates by downloading the ZIP files and reuploading them to the server. This time it didn't complain about already having the plugin installed and it ran through the setup process.
In reply to Dennis Felix

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If my memory is correct, this is the view you get when your web server does not have permission to write in each of the plugin folders. That's why it is giving you the download link for each plugin.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Anthony M -
Hi, 

so I guess it´s totally safe to let clients update plugins in the User Interface with that button?...

Thanks,