Urgently Help with activity completion!

Urgently Help with activity completion!

by Ralf Oswald -
Number of replies: 7

Dear colleagues, I need help:

No matter what I set, no matter what I do... in Custom Certificate: it  ALWAYS shows ALL certificates of ALL participants, no matter if I have activated or deactivated the activation, no matter if they have passed or not, no matter if I have activated course completion or not (no matter what settings) ... no matter what I do!!

How does your colleague do this? Just ignore everything and sort the certificates by hand (passed or failed?) or what do you do?

I ask for help, I am desperate here!!

Best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Oswald

Re: Urgently Help with activity completion!

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Courses must have other activities prior to the certificate.
The Certificate activity must have restriction condition(s) that the student must pass/view/complete the prior activities to "earn" the certificate.
I normally use a quiz with passing grade and an manually graded assignment, prior to the certificate activity.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Ralf Oswald -
Hello Shirley, thank you very much for the response.
I notice that I did not express myself clearly: of course I have an activity before, I have the element "Offline Quiz" in a previous topic, and here of course I selected and set all conditions and also tested them. In my case, for example, I have several "test takers" (students) who have passed the test if they have completed it correctly and successfully (in my case more than 75% correct answers). And in the Moodle-report displays exactly this settings and results.
Sure I have done this.
And now I would like those students who have passed the test to receive the related certificate.
But- EVERYTIME all students get their certificate (with the information, that they have reached e.g. a grade of 0 %)
Alternatively, I have turned on the Course Completion feature once, and it works.
ONLY THE CUSTOM CERTIFICATE DOES NOT! The PlugIn mercilessly throws out a certificate for each participant.
Do you have an idea?
Best regards
Ralf
In reply to Ralf Oswald

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Hello Ralf,
Sorry I was reading the Forum from the top down vs bottom up, so I did not read your 1st post before answering here.
Out of curiosity, if you view the Activity Report does it show all students with the checkmark (Activity is Complete). Or just the students with passing grades?
Kind Regards.

by Ralf Oswald -
Hi Shirley, the activity report is divided, displayed in a table.
One collumn, displaying the test, is showing the test-items. Displaying (saying) that all students have participated the test.
And - this is OK.

The next column, displaying the certificate, has currently marked as "empty", that means no box is marked.
From my point, this is not true, because a part of the students HAS PASSED the test, some students has not!
Currently I have used the setting "Activity has to be marked manually". 
But, as already told, it really does not matter which entry (which mark) I am using.
But, as already told: all students, also those with "not marked" entries, are displayed as "mixed passed/failed results".
That means: ALL students have a certificate, all students have got a mail with their ( sometime wrong) designated certificate.
In reply to Ralf Oswald

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
For my certificates, I used the Student must view this activity to complete it. They must open the certificate to get the Activity Completion and Course Completion. I only use the manual - marking activity complete for Video files and sometimes students mark the activity as completed and then unmark it. I had to review the course log files and then follow-up with the student.

But it sounds like a bug, have you checked the Tracker?

by Ralf Oswald -
Hi Shirley,
your hints have put me on the right track. I was able to solve the problem in the following way:

In the Custom Certificate I have to edit the item "Restrict Access" in the settings section. Here (in my case) I have to select "add restriction" and choose "Grade" as the type. Here I enter a quiz that serves as a reference for the certificate and the percentage of the level from when the course is passed.

The point "Activity completion" is really irrelevant here, in my case I set it to "no activity".

NOW, as a teacher, only the passed certificates are shown to me, and only the students who have passed will receive their certificate.
NOW it is running!
Unfortunately, such an important information is not included in any documentation. But - anyway - as I have seen, the Custom Certificate is not being developed any more. I actually feel left alone.
I suppose there are many thousands of users. A pity.

Shirley, thanks again!

In reply to Ralf Oswald

by Chris Hubbard -

Thank you for sharing this, I've been having this problem for the past few months and had removed this plugin because I couldn't get it to create the certificate for only those who had a passing grade.