Exclude Activities (with Activity Completion settings) from Activity Completion report?

Exclude Activities (with Activity Completion settings) from Activity Completion report?

by Jack Murray -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

In a course I have two types of Activities: learning activities (e.g. URLs, Lessons) and assessment activities (e.g. Quizzes, Assignments).

I want to restrict students from accessing the assessment activities until they have viewed the relevant learning activities.

But, I don't want the learning activities to appear in the course's Activity Completion Report.

In order to add an activity-based access restriction, the activity needs to have Completion Tracking enabled. And if this is enabled, it will appear in the Completion Tracking report.

Is there a way to achieve this? (That is, to track an activity's completion status but not have it appear in the course Activity Completion Report.)

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Murray

Re: Exclude Activities (with Activity Completion settings) from Activity Completion report?

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I believe you could add the "hidden" activities later,
And then using the Course Completion-Bulk Edit activity Completion option, add them to the course completion requirements.
You would need to test this, on a copy of your course.
Select the Bulk Edit activity Completion tab.
Select only the newly added activities.
Select the Edit button.
Return to the home tab for Course Completion.

The Activity Report should now have the new activities as a required value, displayed with the date you added the activity.
kind Regards