Current switcher plug-in

Current switcher plug-in

by Matthew Odu -
Number of replies: 6

Please pardon my layman language; not a tech guy!

Can anyone help to clarify if there's any 'currency switcher' plugin that works without having to write code.

Many thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Odu

Re: Current switcher plug-in

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you mean show conversion rates between money currency, e.g. Yen to GBP, or Euro to $USD, then I am confident the answer is no.
In reply to Matthew Odu

by Matthew Odu -
Thank you Marcus for your assistance.

Please as a follow-up question:

What we want to achieve is to have prices of our lessons displayed in local currency at different region not just conversion at check-out.
Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Matthew Odu

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
What 'checkout' are you referring to? Paypal plugin? or dedicated eCommerce link? Seems like the currency function you want would be needed there, as that is not part of Moodle core.
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Matthew Odu -

Thank you Richard.

We are using PayPal and Stripe.  The issue we are trying to resolve now is the product price display at front end in local currency. 

In reply to Matthew Odu

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You would be better to consider a dedicated 'Shopping cart' system such as Intellicart or have a front end like Wordpress and WooCommerce with some sort of Coupon purchase system. I know nothing about such things apart from the fact they exist and the company I work for does work with them and Moodle.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Matthew Odu -
Thank you Marcus. I will look up those shopping carts you mentioned.