Make a Course event a Site wide event?

Make a Course event a Site wide event?

by Stephen Wallace -
Number of replies: 0

Hello!

I have searched and tried to find out if this is possible. I have several events that are created within a course. They show up fine as a course event, but I really want to create a site wide event. These are activities and I have adapted the Reservation plugin to help create events but I can't seem to make them visible outside the course. Any thoughts? Perhaps something in permissions? I don't want to enroll everyone into the course but the course does have Guest access.

Stephen

PS - I realize I can create an event and choose Site but what I am trying to do is have an area of our site that maintains something of a calendar and a list of all the entries. Being able to create an activity as a calendar widget and then populate into the normal calendar gives me two advantages. 1, I can have a dedicated area to see all of the details for upcoming events and trainings. 2, it would be on the general calendar which is great to see something coming up but can easily get lost. I am hoping to have both options together.

Moodle 3.8.4

Average of ratings: -