"Accepted file types" misleading

"Accepted file types" misleading

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 3

For submitting Assignments, I have set accepted file types to pdf, doc, docx.

However, the information on both the editing view and the student's view states that a greater range of files are acceptable.  Although elsewhere in the course materials we make clear that only those 3 formats are acceptable, a student could be forgiven for being frustrated when failing to upload a rtf file, for instance.

Is there any way to eliminate the incorrect heading of "Document files .." from the various screens?

Moodle 3.9

Attachment 2020-08-12_152515.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: "Accepted file types" misleading

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Velson,
Have you checked that you have unchecked the option "Document files" and only the 3 options you mentioned are selected?

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Velson Horie

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes- when you choose the accepted files, don't click Document files, because it then offers all the file types. Click the word "Expand" and then select  PDF , Word 2007 and Word document.

Then you get this:

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Velson Horie -
Mary and Beatriz
Ah - silly me.

Easy when one knows why. To help the unthinking like me, clicking on Document files could select all the subsidiary options. But once one knows, the effort to program in that safety net seems unnecessary effort.
Thank you.