"Server Error 403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document" while uninstalling plugins from moodle.

Re: "Server Error 403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document" while uninstalling plugins from moodle.

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

After many un-soliciated Moodle PM messages, finally ... an understanding ... at least to this point ...

The OP has a CentOS 7 server in a VM on OP's local lan (a typical 192.168.1.x private home network).  On said server OP has installed 'freebie' Plesk and set up a DNS server for domain ... newchoice.ga ... all of that works - but only inside the OP's local lan.

OP might still be thinking that all that need be done is regsiter the same domain name with freenom - using the same private 192.168.1.x ip addresses) and the moodle will be accessible to the outside world.

First ... am shocked that freenom DNS allows customers to use private IP addresses in setting up a domain.  That should not be allowed.  However, the errant DNS is not propogating to the rest of the global DNS systems/servers ... for obvious reasons.

A dig -x 192.168.1.58 will beget:

ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0

A dig newchoice.ga which will use public DNS servers will beget:

ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0

Domain newchoice.ga doesn't exist!

For the OP to use home server like above, whatever company provides OP's connectivity to the internet would need to be involved ... they control the public IP addresses that that OP's router would get from the pool of IP addresses they 'own'.

Maybe someone else in these forums has such a home connection and does serve a moodle such as described (networking wise) and could tell OP how to do it.

Me ... I've taken this one as far as I am willing. smile  (will say, been there ... done that ... won't do it again!)

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (2)