Can i host Moodle and BigBlueButton together on a sever?

Can i host Moodle and BigBlueButton together on a sever?

by Innovix Solution -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Moodle. I am trying to use BigBlueButton plugin on my Moodle site for web conferencing. So far i understand should not use the BigBlueButton test server and I need to host BigBlueButton on my own server. I have an EC2 for moodle. Can i host Moodle and BigBlueButton together on my only one EC2? Or if i host BigBlueButton on a dedicated server, can i access it from multiple Moodle site?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Innovix Solution

Re: Can i host Moodle and BigBlueButton together on a sever?

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers
You could, if you had a server that is large enough for supporting BBB, but with a major tweak to nginx, and only under specific circumstances that include to be using Ubuntu 18.04, to install Moodle on Nginx manually.

Of course, you must be comfortable performing System Administrator tasks on linux and have root access on that server.

And even in that case, we (the BBB and BN developers) don't recommend to go that way. You will be better off by installing BBB in a separated machine.

JF
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jesus Federico

by Innovix Solution -
Thank you so much for your reply.May i know if i host the BBB on a separated server, can i access it from my multiple moodle sites ?
In reply to Innovix Solution

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers
Absolutely. You can access that BBB server even from apps other than Moodle if you have the correct App for that (Greenlight for example).