Branded Moodle Mobile App 3.9.2 not working with SSO

Branded Moodle Mobile App 3.9.2 not working with SSO

by Agua Hervida -
Number of replies: 6

I am working on my own moodle mobile branded app and recently updated to version 3.9.2 but when using SSO on an embedded page it does not open any embedded page, it just uses the standard login within the app, I-ve been searching for this issue but no info appear on the internet.

One weird thing is that when the moodle mobile core app is downloaded into my smartphone, it works just fine. But when trying with my own it does not appear to work :/

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Agua Hervida

Re: Branded Moodle Mobile App 3.9.2 not working with SSO

by Brian Merritt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Are you a site admin? If you are you have to create a web token or use a different non site-admin login for your test.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Brian Merritt

by Agua Hervida -
Yes I am site admin(my own site and app), but this does not work for me. The problem is that there is no SSO authentication.

I already configured the platform to do so but the app still does not open the embedded SSO page :/ and this is only happening on my branded app, the moodle core app do opens the SSO embedded page which seems odd to me, I must have some configuration that hasn't been done on my moodle platform. It just seems weird, because with the moodle mobile 3.8.x app the SSO embedded page actually works :s
In reply to Agua Hervida

by Agua Hervida -
ok ok ok I found a solution to the problem :v

Apparently the webview plugin is the one causing the problem with the app in 3.9.x, so it can be solved by removing it from the application, I used this command line 'ionic cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-ionic-webview'
In reply to Agua Hervida

by Ashfaq Anwar -

Thank you..I also faced same issue..your solution also fixed my issue..is there any issue while removing web view plugin?

In reply to Ashfaq Anwar

by Agua Hervida -
I did this because that was the 'solution' that I found in here: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-3471

But right now I am having problems with the SCORM packages in iOS, which is weird because iOS is the one with the webView, which (at least for me) implies that the webView is causing these problems. If anything, the webView IS causing problems :/
In reply to Agua Hervida

by Phạm Lê Minh -

Hi Agua Hervida -,

currently I'm working on building branded app from source code github, but I have some problem on building process, though I already read the document here but it not help: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Setting_up_your_development_environment_for_Moodle_Mobile_2

Can you tell me what version of node, what kind of operating system use to build. 

Currently I', using node version 11.15.0 and window 10-64bit.

Thanks in advance.