Design not continued with new update 3.8

Design not continued with new update 3.8

by Ute Schwennicke -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I'm the moderator of a school platform tht has been upated to a newer version by the admins of the federal state.

I failed to change the old design which is not supported anymore. Trying to choose a new design I'm not able to re-create the colour scheme we used to have. 

Which design (Classic, Boost, Degraded or Fordson) allows to adapt colours of background of the webpage as well as of the blocks on the startpage.

Any hint highly appreciated.

Thx in advance,

Ute

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ute Schwennicke

Re: Design not continued with new update 3.8

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
I've been using Fordson, excellent for my purposes, also moves away from the "traditional Moodle look". But, having said that, I keep everything as simple as I can, for three reasons:
1. "I am moving on", always expect to move to another site. This way anyone coming in after me doesn't have a major learning curve to deal with.
2. Never have a lot of fiddling around after an update, e.g. looking for updated 3rd party plugins, or worrying about having 3rd party plugins used that no longer have a developer or maintainer.
3. Greater complexity increases risks of errors. I know, I might be labelled as "risk averse", but for me, there is not always enough hours in a day for me to do what I need to do, let alone having to repair a broken Moodle.