H5P Content Types and foreign languages

H5P Content Types and foreign languages

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

The language element in Content Types are not translated with Moodle language files. They are translated in H5P language system. https://localization.h5p.org/

I couldn't identify how we can use them in our Moodle sites? Any advices would be helpful.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: H5P Content Types and foreign languages

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Ralf,

The language files are loaded when the content is created. The strings used in the editor are localized (select desired language in Moodle before editing). When the content is saved those strings are saved as the ones that will be used for the content, and they do not change after that if a student has a different language preference.

If you are creating a multilingual course you would likely need to create a different content for each language.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Daniel

I'm getting a  mix from German and English language elements while editing a content. I know that the German elements in the screen are from German Moodel H5P language pack and the content type strings are from H5P localization pack. The German pack is  translated complete.

I could not identify the reason why the German language elements from H5P content objects are not loaded. What is the mechanism that loads, updates such files?

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
When I try to add a Dictation type with German language preference, everything appears in German for me I do not see a mixture although I do on image pairing for example. I am using Moodle 3.9 with the new standard plugins. I updated the content types through the admin page recently so it should most recent versions of all the libraries. Which version are you using?
The reason that there are mixtures of stings is that the lang files are found in the content types or the libraries that are used by the content type. Each library has its own set of strings and language files. Evidently some of the libraries installed are missing the German file on your system. You might try running the cron task to see if it updates them if you are on 3.9.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)