Collapsed Topics and Grid formats released for Moodle 3.9

Collapsed Topics and Grid formats released for Moodle 3.9

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

I've released Collapsed Topics and Grid formats, release candidate versions, for Moodle 3.9 as follows:

CT 3.9.0.1 -> moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=22047 with:

1. Apply MDL-65539.
  2. Apply MDL-68231.
  3. Apply MDL-68235.
  4. Apply MDL-69065.
  5. Fix issue where 'numsections' is set to '0' on restore of backup file that does not have it set.

Grid 3.9.0.1-> moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=22046 with:

1. Apply MDL-65539.
  2. Apply MDL-68231.
  3. Apply MDL-68235.
  4. Apply MDL-69065.
  5. Apply 'Add index to courseid format_grid_icon could improve performance' - #122, thanks to John (https://github.com/yao9394) for the patch.

And Version 3.8.0.2 release that has not yet been released with:

1. Fix 'Same color setting for "set or change img" as currentselectedimagecontainertextcolor in editing on' - #106.
  2. Fix scroll bar in main region when editing in Boost.
  3. Remove redundant 'defaultcoursedisplay' setting - #119.
  4. Tidy up old strings.

please comment on these versions here and if you find this post useful, then please mark it so.

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Collapsed Topics and Grid formats released for Moodle 3.9

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Gareth, I just upgraded my sandbox, and I don't see any problems. I don't think any of the MDL problems were bothering me. I installed your 3.9.0.1 version of CT into my Moodle 3.9.1 (Build: 20200713).
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Rick,

Unfortunately 3.9.0.1 of CT does have an issue with restore on all course formats.

Everyone, please update Collapsed Topics to 3.9.0.2 on M3.9: moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=22059

G

by Gareth J Barnard -
And another fix, it happens, V3.9.0.3 on M3.9: moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=22088

by Rick Jerz -
Gareth, I have both of these fixes in place (meaning I have V3.9.0.3 installed.) I haven't noticed any problems. A few days ago, prior to 3.9.0.1, I did notice the restore problem. But today, everything is working well. I thought that I would let you know. Thanks much.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Gareth J Barnard -
Just released V3.9.0.4 -> moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=22142 - which adds the 'duplicate' section code from the 'onetopic' format and has a patch for MDL-68330.
Attachment Annotation 2020-07-31 111745.png

by Rick Jerz -
Hi Gareth, I just tried your update on my sandbox and everything worked well.

This is an interesting additional feature, one that seems to be asked for frequently. Nice work!

Of course, if the section contains a "quiz," the time to duplicate a section can be long. But this happens when using core moodle to duplicate a quiz, so it does not (should not) reflect negatively upon your added "duplicate" feature.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Gareth J Barnard -
Thanks Rick, to be fair, the credit for most of the code goes to David Herney Bernal on the OneTopic format -> https://moodle.org/plugins/format_onetopic.

by Rick Jerz -

Great!  If you run into David, give him my thanks.