I thought I found a serious bug in the quiz concerning multiple choice questions with corrections (that is negative values).
When I want to create an issue the system tells me
Dear Moodler, before creating a new issue you need to demonstrate that you have searched among the existing issues to see if it's already been filed. Please find a similar issue from among the open issues and either start watching it or vote for it.
but there is no similar issue. and there seems no way to convince the system.
I will, just in case, post the bug report here (my apologies if that is not appropriate)
In a quiz I set up multiple choice questions with corrections. Recall if you have c choices, the correct answer gets c-1 and the incorrect answers -1 points, such that the expected value of answering a question, not know anything is 0. I chose a question with 4 possible answers, the question itself received 0.75 so the incorrect questions -0.25. The students did the quiz, everything went fine, when I reviewed one student she obtained the final mark of -0.25, which is a bit odd, but not the problem.
The problem was, that she convinced me that actually one answer was correct, so
- I overwrote the answer, that is manually changed the value of her answer from -0.25 to 0.75 (I already noticed that moodle claimed that -0.25 was outside the allowed value, which looked odd to me.
- It turned out that I changed the wrong question. So I wanted to re-change from 0.75 to -0.25, but I could not.
- So deleted my change leaving the question in empty.
- The system displayed not yet graded.
- So I selected her and selected regrade selected attempt, but the system failed to set the value to -0.25**
*I think this is a *serious bug
I could provide the xml of the question if required.