Adaptable is NOT available for Moodle 3.9 and WILL break your Moodle!

Adaptable is NOT available for Moodle 3.9 and WILL break your Moodle!

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 16
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

There has been many instances of people upgrading to Moodle 3.9 with the Adaptable theme which is still (as of 16:36BST 2nd July 2020) only for Moodle 3.8 and below: https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_adaptable. ; Therefore your Moodle WILL break and cause you grief.  If you want to upgrade then I suggest that you uninstall the theme and transition to one that is supported, make a full backup beforehand, and note down / export the JSON setting values.

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Adaptable is NOT available for Moodle 3.9 and WILL break your Moodle!

by Paul Vitagliano -
We have had no issues, except with the Rubric icon cut off issue. We are blessed by the Almighty, I guess.
In reply to Paul Vitagliano

by Jez H -
Hi Paul,

Can you provide some screen shots of the issue you see?
In reply to Jez H

by Paul Vitagliano -
Here is another.
Attachment 2020-07-06_14-28-38.png
In reply to Paul Vitagliano

by Moja Edukacja -
Same here.
All other works great.

by Jez H -
Hi Gareth,

It seems to work ok for me, though there are some fixes to be made, but it has not "broken my Moodle" so I am not sure what the issue is with this?
In reply to Jez H

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Jeremy,

The post is based upon all of the reports already submitted on this forum.

Gareth

by Paul Vitagliano -
Either way, this glitch in the Adaptable theme needs to be fixed. Will it be included in the next theme build?

by DaVinci Menno -
Hi all,

Is there any news about whether or not, Adaptable will be available for Moodle 3.9?
It did cause troubles with me, as the ''turn editing on'' functionality seems to have disappeared.
We prever to not move to another theme, as our Moodle-site would look way too different.

Thanks in advance!
In reply to DaVinci Menno

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

For the "Turn editing on" button, you should go to Adaptable theme settings, in "Navbar Settings", then "Edit settings and Button display" and choose "Show edit settings icon and cog. Note that this takes up more space in navigation.".

HTH,
Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Gareth J Barnard -

RE: Lack of 'Turn editing on'.

Or see MDL-69249 and implement this https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_foundation/commit/658a9204f7ae1f7ab933377b1d57593a55e1df07 in Adaptable's lib.php, altering the name of the function as appropriate.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Gareth, I saw this issue about "Turn editing on" and had to face this myself. This post is like the baby (me) trying to suggest something to the father (you,) but here it goes.

MDL-57305 is about adding a collapse feature to the right-side block. Daniel (and maybe you) provided code to do this earlier, which I have been using. In 3.9, I didn't have the Turn Editing On feature. However, I did have success adding it on my own. The last post to MDL-57305 is mine, where I describe the simple thing that I had to do. I have no clue if any of this pertains to Adaptable, but I thought that I would share.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Gareth J Barnard -
Thanks Rick, but MDL-69249 is not related to MDL-57305.

by Christoph B -
Hi, does anyone know when the moodle3.9-compatible Adaptable 3 will be released? I checked their twitter account and website but it says just "available soon". I can't wait...
In reply to Christoph B

by Gareth J Barnard -
Nope! I'm now listed as one of the maintainers, so there will be news when there is some to post.