Can't start BBB

Can't start BBB

by Alexandre DOMANICO -
Number of replies: 12

Hello ! I'm using Moodle 3.8 and I have installed the lastest BBB plugin but whenever I try to use it, this message is showing "This Moodle server is making use of the BigBlueButton testing server that comes pre-configured by default. It should be replaced for production."It should be replaced by what ? 

and when i try to enter a session this message is showing "bigbluebuttonbn/You have exceeded the max number of concurrent meetings." Yet, it's the only one on going...

Could you help ? 

Thanks !!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexandre DOMANICO

Re: Can't start BBB

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

You need to have your own BigBlueButton server!

The one provided by default is only to verify that it's well installed and can communicate with a BigBlueButton server.

HTH,
Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Alexandre DOMANICO -
Thank you for your reply !

And how do I get the BBB server on Moodle ?

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You have to install your own BigBlueButton server, or pay someone to provide one for you.

Séverin

by Alexandre DOMANICO -

Does it mean that BigBlueButton won't work properly until I do so, or at least will keep showing me these messages sometimes (because it still works and these messages pop up randomly)  ?

Where would I find my own BBB server ?

Thank you for your help ! 

Re: Can't start BBB - default BBB test server, and installing your own

by Séverin Terrier -
That's it : if you use the default BigBlueButton test server, you can't count on it to be available and ok to be used in exploitation ; it can be unusable!

If you have competencies for that, you can follow official BigBlueButton 2.2 installation documentation to install your own server. Otherwise, consider asking an official BigBlueButton partner, or anybody else knowing how to do that.

HTH,
Séverin

by Alexandre DOMANICO -
Merci beaucoup !! (je viens de me rendre compte que nous pouvions échanger en français)

Du coup, juste pour être sûr, si j'installe BBB 2.2 sur mon propre serveur (en passant par le lien que vous m'avez envoyé), je pourrais utiliser Bigbluebutton sans interruption sur Moodle ? Est-ce payant ?

by Séverin Terrier -
Bonjour Alexandre,

BigBlueButton est libre, et donc installable gratuitement, pour peu qu'on possède les compétences pour, ainsi que l'environnement technique nécessaire (serveur...).

Et si le serveur est correctement dimensionné, cela devrait fonctionner sans problème.

Séverin

by Alexandre DOMANICO -

Bonjour et merci pour votre message.

J'ai pris les services d'un informaticien qui va s'occuper de tout ça. Merci pour votre aide précieuse.

Bien cordialement

Alexandre Domanico

CFPA

by César Andrés Atachagua Contreras -

Hello, once I have configured a server for BBB, how do I integrate it to moodle 3.8?

by tech amlotus -

I would like to ask you 2 questions if you wouldn't mind, I am using my website created on hostinger hosting, So can I use the same server of the moodle site to be a server for BBB at the same time or I should have a new server with a new host to install BBB on it, to prevent any inconvinance.
2nd question: If I connected the BBB with a new server or the same server of my website(Moodle), I should keep the BigBlueButton Shared Secret as default, or I should get a new one if I will get a new how do get it?

In reply to tech amlotus

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi there,

If you follow the comments in this thread you may be able to find all the answers you need.

Is summary, you need to install your own BBB server or pay for a hosted one.

JF