Grading Based on Previous Part Answer

Grading Based on Previous Part Answer

ໂດຍ Daniel Milan -
ຈຳນວນການຕອບກັບ: 4

Hello, and good morning, afternoon, or evening.

I have looked but cannot seem to find a previous post on the topic of grading a parts answer based on the answer in a previous part.  I have been looking at the example on moodleformulas.org, but this one seems to only account for answers with in a single part.

Is there a way to have the grading criteria from subsequent parts use the answer from a previous part to apply marks if the work is done correctly using the wrong answer from the previous section?

Example:

Part 1 Answer is 100, if student enters 100 then they recieve 1 mark, anything else would be 0
Part 2 answer is Part 1 answer*10.  As long as the student enters their answer in part 1 * 10, they will receive 1 mark.

This is easily done within a part (as per the example from moodleformulas.org), with 0.5*c1 + 0.5*c2, but when the question has a lot of parts the grading criteria becomes rather long and diminishes the grade for correct answers the longer it gets without making the grading criteria equation longer and longer.

Ideally: part 1 would be either 1 mark or 0 marks.  Part 2 would be 1 mark based on part 1 answer or 0 based on part 1 answer.  Part 3 would be 1 mark based on part 2 answer and 0 marks based on part 2 answer... and so on.

If anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated, otherwise I will continue doing these style of questions in a single part rather than spread out.

Thank you.

ການຈັດອັນດັບສະເລ່ຍ: -
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Daniel Milan

Re: Grading Based on Previous Part Answer

ໂດຍ Dominique Bauer -
ຮູບພາບຂອງ Documentation writers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Particularly helpful Moodlers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Plugin developers

Hello Daniel,

The STACK question allows follow-through marking.

You can probably achieve more or less the same thing with the Formulas question by carefully setting the Grading variables and Grading criterion.

ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Dominique Bauer

ໂດຍ Daniel Milan -

As always, much appreciated Dominique.

So if I do not see STACK as a question choice, does that mean that my administrator has not installed it yet?  (Moodle 3.6)

ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Daniel Milan

ໂດຍ Dominique Bauer -
ຮູບພາບຂອງ Documentation writers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Particularly helpful Moodlers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Plugin developers

Yes, just like the Formulas question, the STACK question is a plugin that must be installed because these question types are not part of the basic Moodle package.

ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Dominique Bauer

ໂດຍ Daniel Milan -
Thanks Dominique.  Turns out our Moodle administrators did not think it would be useful enough to install.  I have requested it for our summer update to 3.8.

As always, you are most appreciated.