Wrong Link in e-mail notifications

Wrong Link in e-mail notifications

by Marko Kozomora -
Number of replies: 9

I have problem. I installed Upload Notifications. When someone receives an email notification and clicks, they get an address of 127.0.0.1. How do I change it to my site address?

Attachment sdfs.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marko Kozomora

Re: Wrong Link in e-mail notifications

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

And what is, in the configuration file (config.php), the value of $CFG->wwwroot ; is it different from 127.0.0.1?

Séverin

PS : if you want to have (a chance to have) good answers, you should really give us much more information as possible (your Moodle version, hosting...).
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Marko Kozomora -
Where is that in the settings?

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As stated in the reply above - it is in the config.php for the site. You cannot change the site URL via the user interface.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Marko Kozomora -
I'm not a programmer so I need help. Because of the COVID virus, I had to go to e-learning for my students. I purchased the domain and launched Moodle via the Google Cloud Platform. I don't know where chonfig.php is located. Can you help me?

by Benjamin Ellis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi,

The config.php file resides in the root folder of you moodle installation e.g /var/www/moodle/. However if you have the DNS etc set up right and you did an install, you would not need to have access to the config.php as the install would have created that during the process. However, I am confused as to how users are accessing the service if the IP is 127.0.0.1 (which is a server running locally).
In reply to Benjamin Ellis

by Marko Kozomora -
My site www.e-mehatronika.com is working. However, only when someone wants to go to the site with an e-mail notification then it will be 127.0.0.1. Can you help me change that?

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Not really a developer question, but I notice the same thing was also reported in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=395414