Newbie question on the theme on moodle.org

Newbie question on the theme on moodle.org

by Butch Burgess -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I have just started to work with Moodle for about a week now.  I created some test courses and I really like some of the elements on the front page of the moodle.org site.  I tried to create a simialr page but I am stuck. It looks like the middle section of the moodle site has three separate sections I can only get one section in the middle. Also, how do you put the gray frame around them and get the box title to be in a separate gray box riding on top of the frame?  I figure it is something simple I am overlooking.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Butch Burgess

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Butch Burgess

Re: Newbie question on the theme on moodle.org

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Butch and welcome to Moodle! smile

The middle section is actually just a single HTML block. Please see MoodleDocs Homepage design of moodle.org for further details.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Butch Burgess -

Helen,

Ah Ha!  I knew I was missing something easy.  Thanks so much.  BTW Moodle is awesome.

Butch

In reply to Helen Foster

by John Szkudlapski -

feel free to shoot me

but were do you actually put that HTML block and CCS script.

In reply to John Szkudlapski

by Patrick Malley -
First make sure that you have turned on your topic section within your site settings.  Then, from your front page:
  1. Turn editing on
  2. click the edit img to edit your topic section summary.
  3. paste the code from the MoodleDocs Page into the WYSIWYG editor on the summary edit page.
  4. Complete the code with your desired parameters/content.
Within your chosen theme's file in your Moodle directory you will find three CSS files.  Open one of those files and paste the CSS code at the end and save.  If this is the only CSS you plan to edit, it shouldn't matter where you put it.

This should give you the look that you desire.