Hide Table of Contents

Hide Table of Contents

by James Steerpike -
Number of replies: 2

I am running webconferencing  on my Moodle screen and using the book module as it bundles together several pages.  However my students are seeing my projected page on a mobile phone screen so I am trying to show a useful amount of work by zooming up my browser. The TOC is taking a lot of space and since my books run to 5  or 10 pages, it isn't that useful.  Can I hide or suppress it to make my pages more vision friendly?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Steerpike

Re: Hide Table of Contents

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am pretty sure a way to do this has been posted before, but I've not found it yet. I would suggest using a Wiki, but having used them myself, I dropped them due to being too much trouble to create and update the links from one page to another. Another couple of possibilities is the iContent and Simple Lesson plugins. They also have something you could call a, "table of contents," but it is at the top and bottom of the displayed content, so they don't matter as much when viewed on small screens. The nice thing about both, is that you wind up with content that can be displayed like you want in a web conference, the content can be used by the student as a self paced lesson, and both let you include questions. iContent, even acts very similar to a slide show presentation and also lets students keep notes and post doubts (questions) to the teacher.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Hide Table of Contents

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi James,

When screen sharing, how about reducing the size of your browser window so that the book TOC moves below the chapter content?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)