Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

از Philip Goetz در
Number of replies: 2

Hello - 

I am looking at setting up something for freshmen in high school - recent college grads to organize thinking around rock starts with day jobs, side hustles and community building. 

I am a high school audio video teacher located near Austin, TX. 

Are there any current courses like this? 

Are there any like minded teachers I can collaborate with? 

میانگین امتیازات: -
In reply to Philip Goetz

Re: Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

از Howard Miller در
تصویر Core developers تصویر Documentation writers تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Peer reviewers تصویر Plugin developers
Moving to Lounge....

...and I have absolutely no idea what any of "rock starts with day jobs, side hustles and community building" means لبخند پهن
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

از Philip Goetz در
Thanks for your comment Howard Miller. 

"Rock stars with day jobs" means that you have a job where you derive your income but it isn't something you aren't passionate about. It means you are passionate and visible and vibrant or a "rock star" but not at work. I guess you don't have to hate your day job... you could be both.

"Side hustle" means you have multiple forms of income. Multiple jobs. This is the realm of turning a hobby into a revenue stream. 

"Community building" is tough. Is it a community of interest? Is it a physical community? I guess it's tied to culture and feeling safe and stable. A net. A safety net. 

Thanks again for your comment. 

Oh - moving to "the lounge"? What's that?

@philipgoetz