Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

av Philip Goetz -
Antall svar: 2

Hello - 

I am looking at setting up something for freshmen in high school - recent college grads to organize thinking around rock starts with day jobs, side hustles and community building. 

I am a high school audio video teacher located near Austin, TX. 

Are there any current courses like this? 

Are there any like minded teachers I can collaborate with? 

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Philip Goetz

Re: Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

av Howard Miller -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers
Moving to Lounge....

...and I have absolutely no idea what any of "rock starts with day jobs, side hustles and community building" means stort smil
Som svar til Howard Miller

Re: Freshman in high school - recent college grads career and technical education talk

av Philip Goetz -
Thanks for your comment Howard Miller. 

"Rock stars with day jobs" means that you have a job where you derive your income but it isn't something you aren't passionate about. It means you are passionate and visible and vibrant or a "rock star" but not at work. I guess you don't have to hate your day job... you could be both.

"Side hustle" means you have multiple forms of income. Multiple jobs. This is the realm of turning a hobby into a revenue stream. 

"Community building" is tough. Is it a community of interest? Is it a physical community? I guess it's tied to culture and feeling safe and stable. A net. A safety net. 

Thanks again for your comment. 

Oh - moving to "the lounge"? What's that?

@philipgoetz