BigBlueButtonBN - restrict camera at students

BigBlueButtonBN - restrict camera at students

haris mari -
Atsakymų skaičius: 12

Hello, i have a bbb server and a moodle server. I have successfully paired them with the bigbluebutton plugin but i would like to put some limits. How can i disable the camera option for students? I want only the teachers to have the option to use camera, students must have only microphone option. Is that viable?

thanks in advance!

Įvertinimų vidurkis: -
Atsakymas į haris mari

Re: BigBlueButtonBN - restrict camera at students

Roland Klosa -
as far as I know, you can't change it with the plugin, but in the bigbluebutton.properties file

a search at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bigbluebutton-users will help. Somebody have had the same problem and they solved it.
Atsakymas į Roland Klosa

pinguas pinguim -
Hi,

I have the same need.
Atsakymas į pinguas pinguim

pinguas pinguim -
Take a look at this posts this is probably your next need.
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=399012

pinguas pinguim -

pinguas pinguim -
The Bigbluebutton server are treating with difference the api and the front end. the front end like moodle do not have to install bbb-demo, the other should be using bbb-demo and api to make some configurations at bbb server. Those if you want to disallow the students. this can be done by the fronted. In case you use other to, like an page from Joomla etc. you need to be using the bbb server api. As I see the best way are the moodle be treated by an fronted, or we are going to have problems like single sign on again with out pay attention on the part that manners like the ldap plugin. solution.

pinguas pinguim -
to disallow the camera students for sure is better to do this at bbb server.

pinguas pinguim -
Those can be done at server this is good for performance too.
Atsakymas į haris mari

Shawn Daniels -
How did you install the BBB, I need help in installing mine. Can you help?

systemscliq@gmail.com
Regards
Atsakymas į haris mari

Brad Fixa -

We know that camera is a common tool because it is using any device. As per technology security camera also protect our property . If we know the cctv installation process then we can setup security camera any place. We can also record the video footage through that camera. I think it is the best restricted camera .

Atsakymas į haris mari

Jesus Federico -
Plugin developers paveikslėlis
A Moderator can lock webcams once the session is running. But I would bet that what you are looking for is to disable them by default before starting the session.

The only way to do it now for Moodle is at the server level https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/dev/api.html#configuration

But if you want to do it per session, that will be possible at some point from the plugin as well. It is in the road map, but not defined yet when it is going to happen.