Custom SQL reports with templates do not return any records after upgrade

Custom SQL reports with templates do not return any records after upgrade

by Michael E -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Testers

Hello,

We recently upgraded configurable reports from version 2016020103 to 2019122000. Unfortunately, it broke all of our existing custom SQL reports that are using templates (400+ in total). 

Any custom SQL report that is using a template is now displaying "No records found". All the pages for those reports (Custom SQL, Filters, Permissions, Template, etc.) do not display any data (no template code etc.). These reports were working fine before the upgrade.

When I turn on debugging mode, I see the following notice:
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5004 of 8375 bytes in /path/to/moodle/blocks/configurable_reports/locallib.php on line 172

As I mentioned, this only affects existing Custom SQL reports that are using templates. It works fine for the other Custom SQL Reports that are not using templates and for any new report that is using a template.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael E

Re: Custom SQL reports with templates do not return any records after upgrade

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'using templates'.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Custom SQL reports with templates do not return any records after upgrade

by Michael E -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Testers

Thanks for your response, Tim. I am sorry my explanation was not clear.

By "using templates" I meant that all these reports are using the template function within configurable reports. So instead of using the standard report output, we are using a custom header / record template / footer in the "Template" menu for each report. Hope this helps.