STACK: Multiple instances of the same feedback

STACK: Multiple instances of the same feedback

by Martin Kraska -
Number of replies: 7

In a Stack question, a student entered the result as an equation. It seems that each node of the response tree issues the same message that the answer is of type equation but teachers answer is not.

This looks rather silly. Can I fix this by some setting? What further information is required?

Best regards, Martin Kraska

Attachment Unbenannt.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Kraska

Re: STACK: Multiple instances of the same feedback

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
How is the tree set up? What feedback have you put on each node?

by Stephan Bach -

Hello Martin,

you can just suppress the automatic feedback in the nodes where you don't want it.

automatic feedback

Stephan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stephan Bach

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I know this looks like a strange design decision.  I decided that if you had to turn the feedback "on" then nobody else would ever know it was there!  So, I decided you should turn it off.

Chris

In reply to Stephan Bach

by Martin Kraska -

Wouldn't that mean that also the explicit feedback of the true and false branches is suppressed? I have a cascade of algebraic equivalence tests with various versions of the answer.

How to export a single question to attach it here?

I just found an option to export the whole category into 350kb. If that is not a problem, I can attach that.

Best regards, Martin

In reply to Stephan Bach

by Martin Kraska -

Hello Stephan, suppressing the automatic feedback does the trick. Thank you very much.

I would never have guessed what the scope of "suppress feedback" was. In fact, it seems to suppress just the auto-generated feedback and not the explicit one downstream.

@Chris: For me, the design decision didn't help, because I related the question to the feedback in the green and red regions below. It didn't occure to me that some other magic feedback might be affected. Afterwards it is quite logical, it is scoped to what is produced by the blue region. 

I wonder why this equation issue isn't handled in the validation.

Martin

by Stephan Bach -

Hello Martin,

if you set the option "Check answer type" to "yes" under the input options the issue will be dealt with in the validation.

Stephan

In reply to Stephan Bach

by Martin Kraska -
Hello Stephan, thank you for pointing this out. I was sure to have doublechecked this but in fact type checking was deselected.

Martin.