Colourization of a section (Boost theme)

Colourization of a section (Boost theme)

by John Lawrence -
Number of replies: 3

My name is John Lawrence and I am a Moodle noodler, learning as I need to about the capabilities and various tools/activities in Moodle.  I have a home installation (generic Boost theme, automated install using download from Moodle.org, Moodle 3.8.2).  My most recent discovery, - how to make bilingual course content that can be identified/selected using the {mlang} CSS label and the language selector drop-down at the top of the course. Thank you to members of this forum for providing assistance.

My question of the day for forum members - I would like to colourize the background of the block containing the course name and navigation links (located above the "general" section of the course).   I am not sure where the parameters/data for this block are located?  Is it a HTML or CSS parameter that can be set uniquely or should I be looking elsewhere?  I've included a screenshot (modified using SnagIt) to illustrate what I would like to do below. 

Note:  As I used SnagIt, I was able to add several preferred elements.  The name of the course was a screengrab with a white background.  When I tried to colorize the background of that element, in Snagit, it did so while leaving white space in enclosed areas within letters (as you see).  Ideally I would like to avoid this smile  Secondly, I was able to add the logo, which colorized much more successfully.  A means of doing colorization of this block AND adding a logo with a background meant to match the colorization would be over-the-top helpful.

Please also note:  The Canadian Association of Music Therapists (http://www.musictherapy.ca) recently cancelled their annual and upcoming in-person conference that was to be held May 21-23, 2020 in Regina, SK.  I took it upon myself, based on my personal and professional interests in online education (I use a Moodle course when I teach an Introduction to Music Therapy course at a local post-secondary institution) to create the course shown in the attached image below.  I am hoping to convince them to initiate an online version of the conference, through videoconferencing and using a Moodle course to share the information normally contained in the conference program.  At this point, I DO NOT represent CAMT in a formal relationship and this course, with its' associated content and appearance, resides only on my home installation of Moodle.  Thus, this inquiry is purely of a personal nature.

Thank-you in advance.

Screengrab of a Boost them course showing colorization of background of the block containing the course name and navigation links.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Lawrence

Re: Colourization of a section (Boost theme)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi John, 

If I am correct after reading your request for help, is it just the fact that the you need help with the logo image to ensure that whatever the background colour of the area the logo would inherit it by default?

If so, and assuming I have understood your question, what you need to do is make the Logo background transparent, this way would then allow any colour to be used.

EDIT:

Further to my last paragraph above:

Try using this site to convert the LOGO image background.

https://onlinepngtools.com/create-transparent-png

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Colourization of a section (Boost theme)

by John Lawrence -

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your suggestions, I will definitely try the website when it comes to creating a coloured, transparent background for a logo.  Unfortunately, the colorization of the logo background was not the focus of my question.  Specifically, I would like to learn how to add colour to the "Name of the course & navigation" block (in this case from a white background to an orange background, or any other colour) and/or a logo located above the "General" block in the middle section (2nd of 3 columns) of the Boost theme.