Double Scroll in website problem

Double Scroll in website problem

by Son Nguyen -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

I am currently using Moodle 3.8 with SCORM. When I upload the SCORM package to the website, it has the double scroll like below:

double scroll

I think some css should do it but I can't increase the length of SCORM window. Anyone has encountered this problem before and resolve it ?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Son Nguyen

Re: Double Scroll in website problem

by Melanie Scott -

It looks like your scorm includes a popup window which has a built in scroll but we can't see enough of it to be able to tell what it is. If you choose to open your scorm in a new window, you can choose the dimensions. You should be able expand your window as much or as little as you like--but you may have two scrolls--one for the original window and one for the scorm window, if it isn't as big as the package was created to be.

If you open it in the same window, it may create a window that isn't as long as your module if your module was created to be extremely long. But you won't be able expand it. I don't see this much but...

If you are displaying on a mobile device, it can impact display as well. I think we need more info on your package and settings to actually help you.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Son Nguyen -
I am using SCORM 1.2 with Ispring + Powerpoint.
I tried opening SCORM in new window but it still have the scroll problem.

Here is how it looks right now. I was hoping if I can increase the length of the shaded area so that the scroll inside can disappear. Tried some css but didn't work. 

In reply to Son Nguyen

by Melanie Scott -
Ah! iSpring...
I haven't worked with iSpring in years and then, only the freeware...but that might be the issue. Check the settings in iSpring for size? I think you should be able to...I think I remember doing that back with the free version.

Is it all browser or only specific browsers?

by Son Nguyen -

It is on all browsers. 

Thanks for your help, I tried changing the size in Ispring. It works on the website but in mobile, the double scrolls still appear. Is there any way to change Ipsring setting on phone ? 

In reply to Son Nguyen

by Melanie Scott -

You might ask iSpring. When I was using it, I wasn't even thinking about responsive design (all my users were pretty much required to use laptops or desktops).  That pretty well confirms that the issue is the design...

I think iSpring has some webinars about mobile design requirements: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/webinars/how-to-create-responsive-courses-with-ispring

by Nick Clover-Brown -
We encounter the same issue with SCORMs from RISE - I think there are some other forum reports of the same issue.

It seems to be a Moodle issue, as SCORM Cloud and other LMS (LearnUpon) display Rise courses without 2 scroll bars.