Remove Course block

Remove Course block

by Debbie Thompson -
Number of replies: 7

I'm trying to remove the course block that appears after the course has been clicked on from the site home page. Or at least move it under the navigation block that lists Dashboard, home, etc. How do I remove the course nav block?

Remove course navigation block

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Thompson

Re: Remove Course block

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Select Course edit.
At the Block select the Move icon, it looks a little like this []. That activities the move function and will display the areas that are available. Drag and drag the block to one of the activated areas.
or
Select the cog icon and Hide the block.
Turn off course editing.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Debbie Thompson -
Thank you for replying but I don't have that symbol. When I select course setting, this is what I see. on the left. I'd still like to remove the highlighted red section from everyone.
Attachment course navigation.png

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
That is not a block, that is section of the standard Course Administrator navigation pane.
I do not believe there is a way to remove that, maybe a role/permissions change -

Is your concern about the Admin role or the Students' role?
The Students do not have the same permissions, so many of those options will be removed.

by Debbie Thompson -

No, the student role. I've tried removing almost everything from student navigation. The student role shows that section with a few exceptions. 

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
A student will only see their Grades and badges. I just tried to look at the Participants view using my student role and received a "You do not have permissions to view...."
Do your students see data for other students?
Kind Regards.

by Debbie Thompson -

No. They see their course list on the left in the navigation. I want to remove it since it's redundant. They have access to their courses on their dashboard so I don't need it in multiple places. I'm having a hard time finding out how to remove the course left in the left navigation. 

Attachment student view.png

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Yes, the option to navigate is in multiple places. Just like more systems, including Windows. That is core usability for most systems.