Display options settings - no "Re-use"

Display options settings - no "Re-use"

by Beatriz Rojo -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there,

is there a way to activate the "Embed" option of an activity but not the "Re-use" option? I was quite sure I could do this some months ago, but now I cannot combine those options - is either none of them or both of them:

reuse

These are the settings I use - although the option "Allow download" is disabled, the Reuse option is displayed. I've tried disabling "Display action bar and frame" only, but then no option is displayed.

configuration

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Display options settings - no "Re-use"

by Stuart Mealor -
When using H5P.com (SaaS) I can embed into Moodle, and it respects the options - so I can make Embed available, but not Download.
But I think I noticed the same behaviour as you, when doing everything from within Moodle (version 3.8), so it may be a bug with the Moodle integration?
Need to test this more, and on others sites etc. before we have a definitive answer smile
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Stuart Mealor -
Just adding to the thread...
I published a post with an H5P object embedded on a WordPress site today, and noticed that the 'Re-use' option was showing.
https://www.elearningworld.org/h5p-animals-in-a-quiz/
I went to H5P.com, and checked, and the Allow download box was definitely not checked.
So, I checked and unchecked all the options, leaving 'Allow download' unselected, and republished.
Checking the Wordpress post again showed that Re-use is longer showing.
So, based on this, I suggest it's not an issue with Moodle, but something to do with the function in H5P.com when publishing?
Stu smile
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If it helps others who read this, and broadens the issue, I have got some H5P files I made elsewhere and then uploaded into Moodle 3.8 and I can select "embed" when uploading them into the Atto editor and they display with just Embed, not Reuse.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)