I have a particular assessment submission approach tutors want, and I am trying to get the best workflow inside a Moodle assignment to allow for totally online marking.
What the tutors do
- 9 parts to an assignment
- Can be submitted anytime, but usually in order, and feedback from an earlier part is often relevant to a later part.
Hence I have set up an assignment like this:
So students can submit anytime, and tutors can mark anytime.
I know there is a potential compliance issue here with this approach.
The grading screen:
The idea is to have assignment on the left pane and marking rubrick on the right.
Not sure of exactly the best way to set this up.
- It does not seem possible to have word files appear in the list (1) and be able to be viewed in the viewing panel (2). Is this correct, or is there some sort of plugin to convert word to PDF that may be missing?
- Is there a way to view and grad multiple files that are a mix of word and PDF? Or: how do people usually grade word files?
- Rubric: while it is a pass/fail, I have put three elements into a stripped down rubric: not done, not yet complete, complete. I found that if I had more in the rubric, then sideways scrolling was needed.
- I'm trying to avoid 9 different assignments. But if there is a better way, I'm interested.
I'm not sure yet if I have an optimal workflow. I'm not even sure if these are the best questions.