Says 0 out of 0 submitted for assignment but there has been a submission

Says 0 out of 0 submitted for assignment but there has been a submission

by Kathryn Woodhead -
Number of replies: 4

Hello I have moodle v.3.6.2 and adaptable theme

I set up custom roles (not student roles). They have submitted an assignment but as you can see, it says 0 out of 0 submitted.

Which permission am I missing to be able to see 1. how many users are meant to submit the assignment and 2. whether they have submitted

Doesnt show as submitted:

when you click on it, you can see something has been submitted by the user:

Thanks,

Kathryn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kathryn Woodhead

Re: Says 0 out of 0 submitted for assignment but there has been a submission

by Kathryn Woodhead -
Is anyone able to help?
Thanks,
Kathryn

by Acqua Alta -
Hi Kathryn,
TL;DR - Please check the mod/assign:submit of the "custom student" role. If it's off, turn it on for that role.

The only way I could reproduce your situation on my Moodle environment (using the Adatptable theme) was by removing the mod/assign:submit capability from the student role.

However, it doesn't make sense that this is the issue in a reasonable case, because if this capability was off for the "custom student" all the time, how did he/she submitted the assignment in the first place? Did another user submitted it for the student?

In order to display the number of students, the plugin require the enrolled students to be active users. But again, if the participant is not active, how did he manage to submit the submission in the first place?
In reply to Acqua Alta

by Kathryn Woodhead -

Hi, I have the mod:assign Submit turned on for this role. I want the principal examiner to be able to submit. It works, they are able to submit work.

Mod/assign: Submit turned on for Principal Examiner role.

However, still it says 0 out of 0 on the homepage, I want it to say 0 out of 1 - there is one principal examiner enrolled onto the course.

Thanks,

Kathryn

by Acqua Alta -
I don't have a direct answer beyond my previous comment, but maybe looking at the code of the adaptable theme would you give you some insights about the nature of the problem:

Looking at the adaptable\classes\output\core\course_renderer.php file (starting at line 859), it seems that the participants count by adaptable is being done by using a function called course_participant_count() located in the adaptable\classes\utils.php file.

Seeing that the function checks for the mod/assign:submit capability, that's why asked about it previously.