How can I Make all of my Courses Fit on the Front Page of my School Theme?

How can I Make all of my Courses Fit on the Front Page of my School Theme?

by Otoniel Lumbi -
Number of replies: 4

Is there a way that I can make my courses fit altogether on the Front Page, and not the need to scroll to the right to find a course? I have six courses and I plan to have at least 12. Here's a screenshot: 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Otoniel Lumbi

Re: How can I Make all of my Courses Fit on the Front Page of my School Theme?

by Monty Bhatia -
Hi there, how were you able to show the courses like that on homepage? Custom HTML? What component are you using?

Thanks!
In reply to Monty Bhatia

by Otoniel Lumbi -
Hi,

In each of the courses I went to Edit Setting >> Course Image (I put a picture of my own). However, I'm having trouble in putting all the courses on the same page, without the need to scroll to the right.

Otoniel

by Monty Bhatia -
Got it thanks. I just realized you are using the School theme; thanks for this.
I had asked a similar question but mine was because I only have two courses, and it still has the scroll; I believe its expected functionality; but someone with a better understanding can chime in.

If you can add in a front page html component in theory you could hardcode a few bootstrap cards to show courses, but will result in more maintenance of course.

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Otoniel,
The School theme is hardcoded to display between 1 and 4 courses on the frontpage, depending on the detected size of the screen. This is unfortunately not something that can be modified by the site admin.
Using the Boost theme would let you list all your courses on the frontpage. Using the "Raw SCSS" field on the "Advanced" tab from /admin/settings.php?section=themesettingboost, you could do some (limited) work on the appearance of that page.
Mathieu
Average of ratings: Useful (2)