Random allocation for separate groups

Re: Random allocation for separate groups

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That's weird. In the separate groups mode, the random allocation does exactly what you describe. It should only assign reviewers from the same group as the the author is. Are you sure that you do not have users in multiple groups or so?

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Random allocation for separate groups

by RACHEL SAUVAGEOT -
Hmmm ... we definitely don't have users in multiple groups. They can only enroll in one section of the course, and the separate groups seems to work for everything else. I can sort by separate groups when I'm looking at the Workshop assignment, but the allocations were random throughout the entire course.

Actually I'm double checking and the way it is set up is that all our students are members of our course, and then they are also each assigned to a section. So maybe this is the issue? But I don't think that is something I can change.
image of separate groups drop down