Theme configuration

Theme configuration

by Xristof Xaral -
Number of replies: 13

Hi everyone!

I'd like some help about  moodle.

I'm currently doing my thesis about moodle and I want to work on boost.

The problem is that it's not easy for me to find the html files so that I could practise with html "language ".

Is there any chance you could help me sort out this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Xristof Xaral

Re: Theme configuration

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What's the title of the thesis? And what level? So BSc, MSc etc?

Also there are hardly any HTML files, but rather PHP ones that generate the HTML that's then sent to the browser.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Xristof Xaral -
My title of my thesis is : A Moodle-based E-class environment . the difference is that I'll add a live chat and a test. the level is BSc.

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Ok, that sounds like a broad range to cover. Could you be more specific please? What's an 'e-class' environment? Are you looking at the UI or something else? Is there an outline / synopsis of what the thesis is about that would provide greater detail and understanding so that we can help you more in greater detail?

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Xristof Xaral -
Ok ! I try to make something as like this : this is an e-class ->https://eclass.uniwa.gr/ .
Description of my thesis : The subject of this thesis is the implementation of an application e-class in which beyond the usual functions there will also be the potential interactive on-line communication (live chat)between members and the conduct of exercises.

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Xristof Xaral -
Basically e-class is the moodle. That's how we called it the moodle . Anyway, I want to make something like the one I mentioned above.

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, so you're saying that:

You're going to discuss the pros and cons of adding an interactive group chat mechanism to Moodle (which is an e-class tool) so that students can discuss the exercises remotely?

So, what does this have to do with themes?  Would not the 'Teaching with Moodle', 'Moodle research' or 'Comparisons and advocacy' forums have been a better place?

Or are you really asking how you can modify a theme to support the thesis?

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Xristof Xaral -
Exactly!! I want modify the theme to support my thesis.

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, in what way would you like to modify it?

Also, start here: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes.

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Xristof Xaral -
Yes, I have read this page.
I have been trying the last three months to modify the theme inside from the templates.
Do you have some another opinion ?

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Theme configuration

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
HOw is that different - Moodle has both of those already built in...

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This site is php based.  You are not going to find html files that you can edit.  You want to try looking at mustache templates and css changes etc...all the files for the theme are found in moodle/theme/boost

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Once page is loaded, view page source to get HTML, and get some idea of how page is rendered in HTML from there. 

you wont find HTML files anywhere, moodle isnt a static site to be built upon front end mark up language like HTML, the webserver converts the PHP files into HTML for the browser to understand, that is why best way to look into HTML of rendered page is looking at the page source, 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)