Sum of numbers in a column

Re: Sum of numbers in a column

by Dave Foord -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Thank you Hartmut for responding, it is very much appreciated. This doesn't directly work for me here - as I will have an unknown number of entries that need to be summed, and entries added as multiple different records over many months. (whereas you have a defined number of entries - in this case 8 entered into a single record).

However, I do like what you have done, and can certainly use that ideology in other areas of my work.

Thanks again.
In reply to Dave Foord

by sian jones -

Hi Dave, did you resoldve this? I am looking to do almost exactly the same as you. Create a form where students record the hours they have spent on self learning that is summed.

In reply to sian jones

by Dave Foord -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Sian, yes I did solve this (well, I paid someone else to solve it), which was achieved by using some javascript I believe. The screenshot below shows the end product.

The person that did this for me is called Oliver who owns https://teruselearning.co.uk/ - it was relatively simple to achieve so cost hardly anything - if you contact Oliver and mention my name - he should be able to re-use some of the code that he used for my situation.

screenshot showing the sum of the duration column