'File' activity settings for users in Snap theme

'File' activity settings for users in Snap theme

by Sam P. -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

Since upgrading our Moodle site to 3.5.3 (Build: 20181112), we began using the Snap theme (ver. 3.5.2).  Since this, users have lost the ability to change the appearance settings on the 'File' resource activity. These settings are still available on an administrator level, but I cannot find a way to activate these settings for users 

This is what settings used to appear: 

Appearance settings

But now, in the Snap theme, these do now show.

Any ideas on how I can enable these settings for users?

Kind regards,

Sam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam P.

Re: 'File' activity settings for users in Snap theme

by Sam P. -
Bump. If this is hard to answer, just let me know. Maybe there's another forum i can post on where this is more relevant?
In reply to Sam P.

by Sam P. -

bumping again. would like an answer, even if it's that I can't get one

In reply to Sam P.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Does the issue happen if you switch to another theme like Boost?  Easiest way is to use the 'theme change on url' core setting and then have the 'theme=boost' parameter in the URL.

So if not then it is an issue with the Snap theme.

If so then it is an issue with your roles and capabilities and not a theme issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Sam P. -
Using what you suggested I changed the theme to Boost, and lo and behold, the file appearance settings are there. So it must be the Snap theme that's hiding these settings
In reply to Sam P.

by Brett Elphick -
Hi Sam

I have this exact same problem. I want to embed a storyline within a page, but can't do this without the file having appearance settings. If anyone has experience with Snap, please let me know.

Thanks
Brett