Config table does not contain version error

Re: Config table does not contain version error

by David M. Gegbai -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Mehdi,

I had the same problem and was reading through you and Howard's conversation and had an idea on what to do.

I applied my idea and successfully installed moodle.

The things I did were:

1. Search in the mdl_config table for the "version" data by entering "Select * from mdl_config where name = 'version'".
  2. This brought me the version data, which I then easily clicked on "edit" and edited the version number to the value in the version.php file, interestingly though, all I had to do was add ".00" to the value
  3. I then executed it by clicking on "go", then I stopped my xampp server, and restarted it again
The reason I restarted my xampp server was because when I tried to reload my moodle installation page, it said that my site was being updated, so since I was the one doing the updating, I just restarted my server, and then continued with the rest of the installation.

I want to thank you and Howard though, your conversation was what gave me the idea on what to do.

Hope this post helps you and others in the future.

And, I'm using Ubuntu 18.04, however, I believe that the same procedure will work in windows and mac
In reply to David M. Gegbai

Re: Config table does not contain version error

by Jeff Cold -

This sounds like a really nice solution to a common problem, but you don't mention where the mdl_config table is....in the moodle table in the database?  You don't mention what application you used to make the changes.  Is this unique to xampp?  If you're CLI only on an Ubuntu server could I implement this solution?