/question/import.php returns empty HTML page

/question/import.php returns empty HTML page

Stephen Overall - દ્વારા
Number of replies: 3

Hello:

I am experiencing a problem accessing the quiz question file import page. I have already created an issue ticket with my own Moodle provider; I'm waiting for their response. I'm posting here to see if other Moodle users in general are experiencing this problem or if this issue is unique to my particular Moodle provider's server setup.

My site is running Moodle 3.6.5 (build: 20190708)

I want to import a prepared questions file into a course question bank, an operation I have performed successfully many times. However, I am suddenly unable to access the Course admin > Questions bank > Import page itself. Instead, the server returns an empty HTML page: no source code at all.

For example, both these URLs return empty HTML pages...

https://www.somemoodlesite.org/question/import.php?courseid=276
https://www.somemoodlesite.org/question/import.php?courseid=276&cat=507%2C30084

The courseid and cat numbers are valid. I get the same result when logged in as course teacher or site admin. I get the same result from several different courses.

I am also unable to access the Course admin > Questions bank > Export page. The link returns a partial web page containing incomplete HTML page source code.

But I can access the Questions Bank itself. I can manually create individual questions of all types. I can create and manage the Question Bank categories without issues.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem (hopefully not)? Any ideas about this issue? Thank you!

Regards.

In reply to Stephen Overall

Re: /question/import.php returns empty HTML page

Stephen Overall - દ્વારા
Additional information: I have just installed updates for these contributed plugins related to quiz questions. But the empty Course admin > Questions bank > Import page issue persists.

> qtype_pmatch (compatible through Moodle 3.7)
> qtype_ordering (compatible through Moodle 3.7)
> qformat_wordtable (compatible through Moodle 3.7)
> mod/hotpot (compatible through Moodle 3.7)
> mod/taskchain (compatible through Moodle 3.7)
In reply to Stephen Overall

Tim Hunt - દ્વારા
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you are getting a partially blank page, turn on Debugging at least temporarily, so you get an error message. That would help identify the problem.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Stephen Overall - દ્વારા
Hello:

Mystery solved! My Moodle provider found that the Glossary plugin had gone missing somehow. Re-installing the Glossary plugin now allows both /question/import.php and /question/export.php to generate full, functional HTML pages.

Apparently Quiz question import/export functions share some dependency on Glossary functions. Is that so?

Thank you for your quick response, Tim.

Regards.