Releasing a New Topic Based on Previous Topic Completion in Course.

Releasing a New Topic Based on Previous Topic Completion in Course.

by Mark Jones -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All, 

Wonder if you could advise me accordingly, I'm experience some issues with some inherited eLearning from an external provider, which is not triggering the correct responses regarding completion of activity.  This is a programme being rolled out to 100's of Locums, Doctors and Nurses.

As a temporary fix until I can get to the bottom of the issue, I would like to have a topic with a manually ticked activity completion option which only becomes available when all previous topics have been completed in the course.  E.g. 

Topic 1 - Autocomplete based on criteria
Topic 2 - Autocomplete based on criteria
Topic 3 - Autocomplete based on criteria
Topic 4 - Autocomplete based on criteria
Topic 5 - Autocomplete based on criteria
Topic 6 - Acknowledge Completion of all the above 5 topics (Manually Ticked but only appears when Topics 1 - 5 have been completed)

• Course format and version   (Topic Format)
  • Moodle version - 3.6
  • Theme you are using (and version) (Clean)
  • Browser and version Windows 10 Pro (Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Relevant screen shot 

Any assistance and guidance that could be offered to help me would be most appreciated thank you very much indeed. 

Kind regards

Mark Jones 

Screen Shot of Topics - 6th Topic Released only when 1 to 5 completed.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Jones

Re: Releasing a New Topic Based on Previous Topic Completion in Course.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I don't think you could do it from the topic section - but you could add a label, with some text - with manual completion and restricted access based on completing all the other sections - make sure you click the "eye" icon in Restrict access to hide the label completely - and then you could open up the next Topic section content based on them having manually clicked the label box.
In reply to Mark Jones

Re: Releasing a New Topic Based on Previous Topic Completion in Course.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't think you can. You can set something to appear depending on the another completion. But can't set something as complete manually when something else is completed.