Little request for new wiki

Little request for new wiki

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 2
When Ludo's team finishes with the most prioritary work (I stress this is so that Ludo doesn't get pissed off again smile), I have another request to make (besides making a more WYSIWYG diff mode tongueout for the new wiki, at least similar to the one in the "old" wiki).

I am now using dfwiki in our production site (it works wonderfully so far) and I find that I would like to do the following. When I create a wiki in group mode (one wiki for each separate group), I would like to have some prepared content before the students start to work so that the students can work on it and improve it. This is possible when you are not in group mode but if you activate the group mode, whenever the members of different groups start editing the wiki, they see a blank page. This was like this in the old wiki, but I wonder whether it would be possible to allow the teacher to create a wiki with some prepared material and have it be visible for all the groups. Now the way to do it is to access the course as a student of each one of the different groups and introduce the content in the wiki. If you have many groups, needless to say, it is a pain in the butt.

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Little request for new wiki

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Josep María!

Seems  a reasonable suggestion. In fact I'm thinking of a way to enable wiki templates for this purpose. I use wiki's for activitry enrollment and other stuff that needs the use of templates.

To keep track of all the new features, that will be answered in due time ( I've got newbies in the dfwikiteam. ) can you put this request in the moodle docs wiki ?
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Dfwiki

Regards.

Ludo

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Little request for new wiki

by Josep M. Fontana -
Exactly, templates, that's the word I was looking for. I will add the request.

Josep M.