linear eqution system

linear eqution system

by Regine Martschiske -
Number of replies: 5

HI Guys,

is it possible to let the students enter a linear equation system, where they have to choose the variable names themselves??

I am at a loss....

Greetings

Regine

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Regine Martschiske

Re: linear eqution system

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, you can.

What properties of the system will you test?, There is the "substitution equivalence" test, or you could "solve" the student's system and look at the solutions.

Chris

In reply to Christopher Sangwin

by Regine Martschiske -

Hi Chris,

I  want to test both smile but I don't even know which input type I have to choose. 

Exercise

I own 100 coins totaling 100 euros. it is only 1-euro coins, 2-euro coins and 50-cent coins. I have six times as many 50-cent coins as 1-euro coins. What is the equation system in the standard form to be considered here?

The solution is for example:

x + y + z = 100

x + 0.5y + 2z = 100

y - 6x = 0

I hope this helps smile

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
A good approach is to import the STACK demo course into your Moodle site (It comes with STACK in the samplequestions folder). Then work through some of the examples, and when you find one like what you are trying to do, edit the question to see how it does it.

There is a question just like you are trying to make in https://stack2.maths.ed.ac.uk/demo2018/mod/quiz/view.php?id=742 (you can self-register on that site.)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: linear equation system

by Regine Martschiske -

Dear Tim,

when I go to the link, the page "Demonstrating STACK (v4.3)" appears and no specific task. Where can I find this?

We have already downloaded the demo course. But I have not found a suitable task that fits my problem. I need the code for the task. At a finished task, I do not see how I have to build it and what input type and answer test I have to choose.

Can you help me again?

Re: linear equation system

by Regine Martschiske -
Hello again
I solved my problem!
it works *yeah* Thanks for your help!
Regine