This one is killing me! The administration block is not showing anywhere on the site.
I tried the usual things such as making the block visible.... trying to add a block (but it is not in the menu). There is no GEAR icon anywhere that has replaced it?
I am at a loss because now for Quizzes (for example) there is no Quiz Settings or Admin options and I need to set an OVERRIDE for a student.
I did look at this FAQ but none of these things worked - please HELP. Could it be the THEME? I am using MOODLE 3.7 and it seems like that is when it disappeared when upgrading to this version along with the newer themes.
Help, I accidentally hid the administration block without realising the consequences!
- Go to http://yourmoodlesite.org/admin/blocks.php
- Unhide the administration block by clicking the closed eye icon opposite it
I accidentally deleted the navigation (or administration) block!
- Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage blocks (or via the URL http://yourmoodlesite.org/admin/blocks.php) and unprotect the navigation block by clicking the padlock icon
- Turn editing on in any course
- Go to the front page and use the 'Add a block' dropdown menu to add a navigation block there, setting it to display throughout the entire site
- Go back to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage blocks and re-protect the navigation block.
The above method works the same for the navigation and administration blocks.