Annotate PDF not generating for online text

Annotate PDF not generating for online text

by Ericka E. -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all, we are having an issue in our environment where if a student submits to an assignment using Online Text (vs. file submission), no PDF is generated.  We are using Moodle v3.6.6 (Build: 20190909) and using Microsoft OneDrive for our document conversions. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue and been able to resolve it?  Any help or insight is appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ericka E.

Re: Annotate PDF not generating for online text

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't believe it is intended to generate a pdf. You can annotate right in the text box...
In reply to Ericka E.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Erick,

To get a PDF when an grading an assignment that is set for Online Text, you need to put a checkmark in the Assignment, Feedback types, Annotate PDF checkbox.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Key Learning Centre -
Hi AL / All,

I'm looking for Annotate PDF checkbox field in the moodle DB, I have to enable this in all our courses. By any chance anybody know which table and column it would be in moodle 3.6.5? Please advise.

Thanks
KLC
In reply to Key Learning Centre

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sorry, no idea where it might be located. Swamped with other work and no time to explore right now.