Adding content tab to assignment module

Adding content tab to assignment module

by Nicolas Ndalpe -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Everyone,
I hope I am posting in the right forum. In my new project, I have to modify the Assignment submission module (/mod/assign/view.php?id=x&action=view) to add a step-by-step submission instruction,  details/check list and FAQ. Each of these module should be placed in a tab system. Taken separately, these module aren't difficult to develop but I am not sure how to bind them together on the assignment submission page. It should be easy for the teacher to enter their assignment information.

I know Moodle has subplugin. Would it be a good idea to develop individual plugin as subplugin and group them all under a parent plugin?

For the teacher, how to make it easy for them to add the content?

Is there a way to allow iframe in Moodle?

Any ideas are welcome, lets brainstorm!

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicolas Ndalpe

Re: Adding content tab to assignment module

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you thought about just creating a user guide for that page?
In reply to Nicolas Ndalpe

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Simplest way to do what you describe is to install the Generico filter and use it to set up tabs and tabitems in the assignment description. No need to do any code development with this method and as an added bonus, Generico has many other widgets you can also use.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Nicolas Ndalpe -

Thank you AL, I will definitely look into Generico. It seems to be quite powerful.