Course creator's capabilities in Scheduler - needed?

Course creator's capabilities in Scheduler - needed?

por Przemek Kaszubski -
Número de respuestas: 2
Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers

Should all of these listed below NOT be changed to NOT SET for the "Course creator" system role? None of the plugins I use (except also Questionnaire) specifies anything for this system role:

Activity: Scheduler

• Schedule appointments for other staff members mod/scheduler:canscheduletootherteachers    Allow
  • See and browse other teachers booking mod/scheduler:canseeotherteachersbooking    Allow                 
  • This capability is deprecated and does nothing mod/scheduler:disengage    Allow                        
  • Manage your slots and appointments mod/scheduler:manage    Allow                        
  • Manage all scheduler data mod/scheduler:manageallappointments    Allow                        
  • See other students booked on the slot mod/scheduler:seeotherstudentsbooking    Allow                        
  • See other slot student's results mod/scheduler:seeotherstudentsresults    Allow                        
  • Use the overview screen to see slots outside the current scheduler activity. mod/scheduler:seeoverviewoutsideactivity    Allow       

https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Scheduler_Module_capabilities does not say anything about course creators.

Moodle 3.6.5+ (Build: 20190718)

Scheduler  3.5.1

Thanks,

Przemek 

Promedio de valuaciones (ratings): -
En respuesta a Przemek Kaszubski

Re: Course creator's capabilities in Scheduler - needed?

por Henning Bostelmann -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Plugin developers
Dear Przemek

Course creators do, by default, have the same permissions in schedulers as editing teachers, only that they cannot "attend students", i.e., they are not supposed to be assigned to time slots.

Of course, this is only the default setting. You can configure this to whatever suits you in your installation.

Best wishes
Henning
En respuesta a Henning Bostelmann

Re: Course creator's capabilities in Scheduler - needed?

por Przemek Kaszubski -
Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers
Thank you, Henning. I have never developed a plugin, am not a coder etc. etc. , but I was a bit surprised to see these mentioned capabilities set to Allow for a minor system role in the two plugins mentioned. So perhaps there are steps that can be taken to change the default to Nor set for Course creators in the future releases?
Course creators after they create a course for themselves are automatically added as Teachers, so they will acquire everything they need at the course level.
Many thanks for any possible concern.

Best wishes,
Przemek