Importing Activity Completion data

Importing Activity Completion data

by Gordon McLeod -
Number of replies: 3

OK I found a similar question asked before but there weren't any responses.

I'm trying to troubleshoot after a member of staff setup the activity completion settings for a quiz wrongly. If the student fails the quiz they are supposed to then gain access to a second remedial quiz, but the completion settings trapped them in a catch-22 logic scenario as the first quiz was only set to complete if they passed (rather than if they passed or used all attempts), and the second quiz was only available if the first quiz was complete and also failed.

I can fix the issue easily, but need to unlock the completion settings to change them - which removes the completion status of all other students who attempted the quiz. 

As it is possible to export the completion results, I'm wondering if it is possible in any way to import the same information back to Moodle after I update the settings? I'm reluctant to manually enter the details for ~150 students, and pity anyone who has the same issue with a bigger cohort.

Can anyone point me at a possible way of achieving this?

Thanks, Gordon.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon McLeod

Re: Importing Activity Completion data

by Elizabeth Dalton -
If you have access to the backend database, you could back up the completion data and re-import it. But I think it would be safer to manually mark those students as complete using the completion tracking report: 
https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Using_Activity_completion
In reply to Elizabeth Dalton

Re: Importing Activity Completion data

by Gordon McLeod -
Thanks. I don't have back-end DB access on that site so looks like this will need to be a manual update. Sigh.