Read Aloud - title change not reflected in gradebook setup

Read Aloud - title change not reflected in gradebook setup

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I noticed something strange today in 3.5 - when I change the title of an existing Read Aloud activity, I DO see the change take place on the course page. However, the OLD name still appears in the grade book setup. Even if I edit the activity on the grsdebook set up page, the old name is shown as the title, but if I then go and edit the activity from the course page, it displays the new name as the title. 

Ever seen something like that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Read Aloud - title change not reflected in gradebook setup

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hmm. Its probably to do with caching. When you edit it from the course page, Moodle likely refreshes the cached activity names. Presumably we could also do that in the activity itself.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Justin Hunt

by John Provasnik -
While in gradebook setup, I purged my browser cache and moodle cache (click the "purge all caches" button in Site administration / ▶︎ Development / ▶︎ Purge all caches .
So if this is being oddly behaved, I'll open up a support ticket. Just wanted to see if there was something on my end I could do to self correct.
In reply to John Provasnik

by John Provasnik -
Ok so if I click edit - edit settings in Gradebook set up , AND THEN click save, then the new titles gets pushed to the grade book. This work around works for the time being.